miss b's quote

'I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list' Susan Sontag

Friday 3 April 2015

miss b loves ..........Easter treats and traditions!



I always know that spring has arrived when cute signs appear on the trees down our lane! 



One of the highlights of this time of year is of course Easter. The tree which we bought last year with the glass and feather baubles has been brought out again ........



..... with a couple of new additions. A pretty egg-shaped candle (too cute to light?) and traditional woven palm leaves....both surprise gifts which were brought back from Barcelona for us this week. Palm Sunday is the beginning of Semana Santa(Holy Week)and the palms are sold on stalls in the city.


There were other gifts too which appealed to my sweet tooth .......




Boldú is a well-known bakery and café in the centre of Barcelona established in 1939 and one of their specialities is Bolduman, a cronut character which has been given an Easter twist.





The doughnuts above, decorated with small chocolate eggs and feathers, are Boldú's version of the traditional Spanish Easter cake called La Mona de Pascua. Apparently it symbolises that the Lent abstinence is over and it is a gift from godparents to their godchildren...... 


A traditional Mona de Pascua
via

As much as I love traditional chocolate Easter eggs I also like the more quirky and witty designs too which Hotel Chocolat do so well. This year they have excelled with their chocolate version of egg on toast and eggs and soldiers. 




I couldn't resist buying a couple of Headphone Jacks from Marks and Spencer. Perfect Easter treats for teenage nephews! 



It's finally starting to look more like spring around here(although it doesn't feel like spring with temperatures of 8°C !!) At last the daffodils are flowering and adding colour to the garden......




A couple of weeks ago we spent the day in the Lake District and visited the Wordsworth Daffodil Garden in Grasmere. A little early as the daffodils had only just started to bloom. People from all over the world have sponsored stepping stones to create a meandering path through the garden to raise funds for local charities and to promote the heritage of the Grasmere area. It's a popular spot as Wordsworth is buried in the churchyard next to the garden.




His most famous work 'I wandered lonely as a cloud' is apparently the nation's fifth favourite poem! I can just about remember the first verse..


'I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees
fluttering and dancing in the breeze.' 

             

Happy Easter!


39 comments:

  1. Thanks fir your visiting.
    Happy Easter!!

    Luisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'aime beaucoup ton choix des chocolats ! J'aime aussi regarder les vitrines à cette époque de l'année, c'est tellement beau et plein d'imagination...
    ça fait longtemps que je n'est pas été en Barcelone, j'adore cette ville !
    Happy Easter Miss ! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable items! love the eggs with feathers inside and that chocolate pop that looks like a splattered egg! Hope you have a most wonderful Easter holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter! Now off to find some Easter chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Easter tree is so cute and love the new additions from Barcelona. Actually, I didnt know the bolduman treat but looks very yummy as well as the doughnuts. Wordsworth Daffodil Garden sounds the kind of place I can enjoy as well, love the path they have built and its meaning. Miss B, happy Easter! Hope you have a wonderful and joyful long weekend with sun and warmth! Many kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Easter decor with the feathers is so nice and unique. It's one of a kind. The chocolates for Boldu looks so delicious. I hope you will enjoy a blessed and fun Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Advance Happy Easter! Cronuts yum! T'is the season for chocolate overload.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It never really quite feels like Spring until Easter comes around. The treats you picked up all look lovely. Happy Easter to you and your family!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful poetry ;) and I love the daffodils ~ such a happy flower! Your Easter tree is so pretty and I remember it from last year. The chocolate headphone is so funny! Such a great idea for a teenage boy:) Have a wonderful weekend. xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't Easter a great time? I love all of the different things that you can do. How adorable is that tree with the eggs too. Beautiful miss b. I wish you a wonderful Easter holiday weekend. xx Thanks for your sweet comments, I enjoy entertaining so much.
    Easter Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter Miss B! This post is so beautiful. Those daffodils are absolutely amazing! They're so tall and their color is so beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. I am loving those donuts and the tradition behind them. I love unique things like you do :) I want chocolate toast and egg! That looks like a work of art. So beautiful. Have a blessed holiday my friend.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Miss B. Lovely post filled with great joys. Thank you for sharing.
    Happy Easter to you and your dear family.
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaaaw you have Easter decorations that you bring out each year. I have enough with Christmas decorations (ha ha) but they look pretty nonetheless. I'm not a fan of Easter egg chocolate but I know what you mean about quirky Easter chocolate design. Trust Hotel Chocolat to be a winner with their designs. Selfridges food hall have a few pretty chocolate treats too. It was such a lovely sunny day today so hope you got to enjoy the warmer temperatures - bye bye 8 degrees celsius!! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an incredible Easter chocolate and sweets collection! Happy Easter!

    www.LUXESSED.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Easter Miss B and I loved seeing your decorations and hearing about your traditions.
    Hope you are enjoying the weekend
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Easter to you too! I love this time of the year, but it would be even better if it felt like spring. Love all those chocolate Easter treats! The headphones are really funny! And yes, the candle is too cute to light it up! Have a nice time, miss B!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the feather inside the the glass. so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love seeing the mass of daffodils around everywhere at the moment and those Hotel Chocolat goodies look delicious - I should have picked some up as well this Easter! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you had a lovely Easter, my dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your Easter decorations and all the daffodils! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Belated Happy Easter miss b! Love the 'mind the frogs' sign. How cute :) My partner's mum will go crazy over the daffodils! Lovin all the yellows and greens around, though it's not great for my hayfever :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yummy photos!
    Happy Easter dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aw, everything looks so cute & yummy! Happy weekend, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, those easter eggs are lovely! I'm watching the sweets but thanks for the virtual bite. ;) I visited the Lake District with my family when I was 17. It is the most charming place. We stayed at Lake Windermere and my hotel room was in a turret. I'll never forget it. Lovely post!
    xx, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your decorations are so pretty! Daffodils are so lovely at this time of year! Hope you are having a good week:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh yes Spring is here.
    Time to go out and have some fun.

    Have a wonderful weekend ♥

    http://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for your comments. I can see that many of you also enjoy the Easter celebrations including the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Look at those festive doughnuts! I would love one of those. I really like the idea of having signs on the trees with the arrival of spring, what a great idea. And your glass Easter egg tree is delightful. I'm glad spring has arrived in your area. Those daffodils are just beautiful.

    Have a splendid week, miss b.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loving your yellow feather Easter tree! Hoping your spring has been a good one so far!

    xo Mary Jo
    http://www.trustyourstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. The Easter tree looks so pretty!

    www.LUXESSED.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just dropped by to say hello...
    Hope you are enjoying your vacation from the blog ♥

    http://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann for popping over to say hello!

      Delete
  32. Your Easter tree and ornaments are lovely and delicious treats! Wishing you a wonderful weekend. xoxo, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just popping in to say hello.

    You're not blogging as much, and I have missed you. :~)

    love, ~me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you to pop over to say hello. For one reason or another it's been a hectic few weeks but I hope to be publishing another post very soon!

      Delete
  34. Nice post!!! I hope you are well....
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on my blog. I really do appreciate it. miss b

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...