miss b's quote

'I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list' Susan Sontag

Sunday 22 January 2012

miss b loves........stylish cinemas..and surprisingly... Mission Impossible!

Premier
'The Business Class Movie Experience'

Sometimes watching a film at the cinema is a disappointment - it's not usually the fault of the actual film but more the cinema experience .....too loud....seats too uncomfortable...... 


It's always such a pleasure going to the cinema in Dubai - particularly the Reel Cinema at Dubai Marina Mall for the 'business class movie experience' where 'you can enjoy all the action in style' - huge twin reclining seats (ergonomically designed!), waiter service, and for a small additional coast - pillows and blankets!


Our last visit was to see the new Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol - not my usual choice of film (It's Complicated, The Holiday, French Kiss, Chocolat ........these are my kind of film treat) However, since a good part of Mission Impossible was filmed in Dubai I thought that if I was going to accompany mr b to see it, then a Dubai cinema was the place to watch it (at least I knew I would be comfortable!) and I was looking forward to spotting familiar Dubai places. I'd read about Tom Cruise performing his own stunts,  in particular scaling the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world .... 

                      

and here's one of my photos of this amazing tower.

At one point during the film the story continues in 'Mumbai' ......I immediately recognised the lobby of the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray on Palm Jumeirah, Dubai (from when we visited the hotel's Voda Bar) and here's the proof below - the photo I took  - definitely the same location for the film's impressive black tie party scene in an 'Indian palace'.

  
Well, it wasn't just the shots of Dubai and Tom Cruise's stunts which kept my interest  - I have to admit I did find the story line  exciting and might just be a little more adventurous from now on with my choice of film .........mr b will be pleased....


and finally here's  a taster ....


26 comments:

  1. I've seen Mission 4 recently, and I must say that it was pretty interesting for me, also. It is also not my usual type of a movie, but it was suprisingly interesting and exciting! So, yeah, I know what you mean...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd like to see mission impossible..seems great :)
    btw. great photo of burj khalifa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've havent seen it yet! but I would like to watch it! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, now that is a fabulous way of watching movies! I don't think I would even want to leave!
    PS:Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for the sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this post! And the movie is absolutely great!

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to see MI and LOVED it too! So glad you did. The architecture and Dubai scenes were amazing. Have a wonderful week.

    http://averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonjour Miss b. Thank you for your visit chez French Girl today. I still have not seen this movie, believe it or not! The Dubai theater would make it a grand experience, I can tell, but I am a bit too far. I guess the local suburban American mall will have to do! ;-) Veronique (French Girl in Seattle) PS: Hang on to those snow tires. You never know when they will come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Le film était bien? J'hésite à aller le voir...

    http://unbonjourdefrance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to Dubai years ago, it's probably completely different now! Want to go again!

    http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gwendoline - Le film était super. Normalement je ne choisis pas ce genre de film mais ça m'a vraiment plu!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Style Servings - You should go to Dubai again - it has changed so much and continues to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds divine! Now, that's the way to see a movie .. our cimema has a bar that serves alcohol and gourmet snacks in the lobby and has a section that has assigned reserved seating for a couple of dollars more (where there is more leg room) but no reclining seats and blankets! Thanks for stopping by Ooh La Frou Frou and leaving a comment, sweets ... yes, I loved that white coat too! Have a great week!

    Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou
    http://oohlafroufrou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven't seen the movie yet but I have seen the trailer and the stunt clip. Can't wait to see it. Waiter service, pillows and blanket? That sounds amazing :)

    xx
    Heel in Mint

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like a theater I would thoroughly enjoy!! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wanna goooo!! :D

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Sounds so good !!! When they´ll do it in Qatar I´ll go ! ;)

    Are there many tapas bars in Dubai? I´m dying to come to Dubai one of these weekends!

    http://ladiesandthecityfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved reading through this post, I've always wanted to go to Dubai. It seems like such an amazing city. Thank you so much for your sweet comment. Your post has made me want to go see the new Mission Impossible for sure.

    Following you now,
    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for your lovely comment, Dale, and of course for following.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ladies and the City - the only tapas bar I've visited is Seville's - I like the roof top terrace there.
    http://www.timeoutdubai.com/bars/reviews/2697-sevilles

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting post and nice blog :)

    If you want visit my blog and follow me The Spotted Cherry Pie i would be really grateful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree. I have some chronic pain issues and sitting in a theatre can be difficult. I often thought if someone was to have a theatre with reclining leather seats that vibrate and have heat that would be the bomb! xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, Debby, heated seats that massage too - now there's an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love reading your blog! Should we follow each other!
    Have a look!

    Stylekultur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wanna see it so bad.. everybody went to see it without me and now I haven't been able to go!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds cool!

    http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh me too! We call it Gold Class here. Nothing like a movie and a glass of bubbles!

    Hope you are well, Stephie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on my blog. I really do appreciate it. miss b

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...